Amazing health benefits of Desert Poppy Naturals Immune Booster
The Health Benefits of each ingredient:
- Elderberry - No longer just a folk remedy or tasty berry to add to fruit salads, the humble elderberry has been studied by the medical establishments due to it’s incredible immune boosting abilities. Elderberries contain a unique protein that helps stimulate communication and regulate immune responses. They also contain large amounts of antioxidants which prevent cell damage. They have been used for thousands of years to treat everything from vision impairments, colds and flu, blood pressure, viral infections, diarrhea, and doctors in Israel are using them to treat cancer and AIDS.
- Cloves – Cloves act as an expectorant, which help in lowering the severity of coughs by producing more phlegm. Cloves also contain a powerful essential oil known as eugenol, which can be used topically as a dental antiseptic as well as tannins which act like painkillers.
- Ginger – The use of ginger to treat a wide range of ailments goes back to ancient times. It has very powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial propoerties.
- Cinnamon – In ancient chinese and Ayurvedic medicine, cinnamon was used for colds, flatulence, nausea, diarrhea, and painful menstrual periods. It's also believed to improve energy, vitality, and circulation which in turn stimulate immune response.
- Echinacea - Echinacea extract can be used for treating the onset of a sore throat and is especially beneficial if taken at the first signs of flu and cold symptoms.
- Astragalus - Boosts the Immune System In terms of reputation, boosting the immune system is astragalus’ claim to fame. It’s been used in this capacity for thousands of years. A study out of Beijing displayed its ability to control t-helper cells 1 and 2, essentially regulating the body’s immune responses.
- Rosemary - Reduces Cough. The leaves of rosemary remove the phlegm and mucus from the respiratory system, providing relief from a cough, cold, flu, and even asthma. Rosmarinic acid prevents any kind of fluid accumulation in the lungs.
Antibacterial & Antimicrobial
- Rosemary is specifically powerful against bacterial infections. It is linked to preventing staph infections, which causes lethal boils and blisters, and is highly contagious. It also eradicates various gram negative and gram positive bacteria completely.
- The active components in rosemary are antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-carcinogenic in nature. This represents a three-pronged attack against many different diseases and pathogens that could threaten the immune system or damage the integrity of the body.
- ROOIBOS -Packed with Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant Properties
- Roobios is rich in polyphenols including aspalathin and nothofagin, which are two polyphenol antioxidants. These antioxidants help protect the body by fighting free radicals or unstable cells that attack healthy cells to stabilize themselves. The polyphenols in rooibos tea have anti-inflammatory properties, which assists in preventing heart related illnesses. Finally, the antiviral properties of polyphenols provide an added boost to the immune system, which helps protect the body from common colds, viruses and the flu.
- Aids the Respiratory System
Rooibos tea is a bronchodilator. A bronchodilator is a substance that dilates the bronchi and bronchioles, and in doing so, it increases airflow to the lungs making breathing easier. With the decrease of resistance in the respiratory airway, drinkers of rooibos tea will get the added boost of preventing common cardiovascular diseases including atheroschelorsis and heart attacks. It may also help combat the symptoms of asthma.
- Improves Blood Circulation
Many Americans suffer from poor blood circulation, which may lead to serious health issues including a heart attack. Roobios contains chrysoeriols, which is a flavonoid with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. This compound aids blood circulation and has been linked to reducing cholesterol. It does this by preventing the activity of certain enzymes that are known to trigger cardiovascular diseases.
- WILD CHERRY BARK - For Respiratory Conditions
Wild cherry bark has traditionally been used to treat coughs and other respiratory complaints. It has excellent natural expectorant qualities meaning that the bark can help to loosen up phlegm or mucus from the respiratory system.
Wild cherry bark tea or syrups can help you expel this phlegm or mucus and clear out the bronchial tubes allowing you to breathe far more comfortably.
- Wild cherry bark also possesses various minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron and zinc.
As well as coughs and colds, people have traditionally used wild cherry bark throughout the years to treat a wide variety of other respiratory conditions. It has been used to treat bronchitis, tuberculosis, asthma, catarrh and scrofula.
- As well as expectorant properties, wild cherry bark has antitussive qualities and the ability to suppress coughing very effectively and quickly. People with chronic coughs and nervous coughs may well benefit from its use.